Saturday 26 January 2008

Ricotta and Herb Stuffed Chicken

This is a day after photo, I forgot to take a picture before we ate!

Mum and I spent some time watching the DVD of Bill's Food Season Two over Christmas and we loved the idea of this Ricotta and Herb Stuffed Chicken, so we made it for our Christmas Eve dinner.

It was very easy. Mix your ricotta with some chopped chervil, chives and lemon zest and then season with salt and pepper. Spatchcock your chicken - Mum did this, a big cheer for her! - and then loosen the skin over the breast. Spread the ricotta mixture under the skin and roast.

It was really good, but next time I would salt the ricotta mix a bit more. I thought it needed just a little bit more kick, and my primitive mind just thought salt. DD and Mum loved it as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment