Thursday 8 May 2008

Quick chicken with lemon and sage sauce

sorry for the terrible light

I could not decide what I wanted to do with some chicken I had out for dinner last week, so I decided to try one of Good Housekeeping's six speedy sauces to serve with sauteed chicken breasts. This one is a lemon and sage sauce.

I love both lemon and sage and really really liked the flavours. I'll do it again.

Skillet Chicken with Lemon-Sage Sauce
from Good Housekeeping

500g free range chicken breast strips
salt and pepper
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 reduced sodium chicken stock
1/3 cup white wine
1 tsp grated lemon peel
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
1 tbs cold margarine or butter

In a non-stick skillet, brown chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Set aside the chicken to rest.

Add the chicken stock and white wine to the pan. Cook 2 minutes to reduce sauce by half. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley, sage and any juices from the chicken. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in cold margarine or butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment