Sunday 29 June 2008

Goodies

One of the great things about visiting Sydney was that I got a chance to visit some of the stores that I shop at online or read about on blogs.

One of these was Peter's of Kensington. The building is huge and awesomely pink. I loved that there are even tour buses stopping off here and waiting for their busload of ladies to return with their arms full of pink bags. I also loved the massive piles of Peter's boxes sitting outside a dock waiting to be sent to online shoppers, I remember getting boxes like that!

Inside it's a veritable rabbit warren of goodies, from beauty products and fragrances on the ground floor, to toys and models on the stairs, to more on the floors above! There is so much stuff in there and when you add in the crowds of people, it can get a little claustrophobic but it was still very cool.


We also visited The Essential Ingredient in North Sydney. I've read about this shop many a time on food blogs and when we passed it one day I asked if we could come back and check it out. It's very elegantly arranged with a fantastic variety of cooking things, some of which I've never seen before. I could have stayed there for ages, as it was DD had to run out and put more money in our meter.


There was also a visit to Victoria's Basement (apparently it's the place to go to get knives, I saw some I loved but they were too expensive to buy) and Accoutrement in Mosman.

Goodies from Peter's of Kensington and Accoutrement (now I have a wooden fork like Nigella!)

Goodies from The Essential Ingredient

Peter's of Kensington
57 Anzac Pde
Kensington, NSW
Ph 02 9662 1099
www.petersofkensington.com.au

The Essential Ingredient
477 Pacific Hwy
Crows Nest, NSW
Ph 02 9439 9881
www.sydneyessential.com.au

Victoria's Basement
Cnr McEvoy and Harley Sts
Alexandria, NSW
Ph 02 9557 1954
(other locations across Sydney also)
www.victoriasbasement.com.au

Accoutrement
611 Military Rd
Mosman, NSW
Ph 9969 1031
www.accoutrement.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment