Monday 27 July 2009

Broccoli Slaw


I have been trying to eat more vegetables lately. I love salads and I've been trying to broaden my salad horizons but including different kind of vegetables. I had a bunch of broccolini in the crisper and I didn't know what to do with it so it was very exciting when I saw this post on Smitten Kitchen for a broccoli slaw. I love coleslaw and I love mayonnaise so any kind of slaw is awesome.

I used my lone broccolini with some red onion, sweetened cranberries and toasted almonds as directed. I love the dressing so much, it is my favourite.

That being said I don't really like broccoli. Something about the texture just doesn't so it for me. I want to try it again using Chinese cabbage because everything else is definately meant to be together.

See this post on Smitten Kitchen for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment