Friday 9 October 2009

Chicken with Pancetta and Mascarpone


My life has been quite busy over the past few months, with work, study and sickness. I've found that my poor blog has often gone neglected or that I only post enough to get me through until the next weekend. Unfortunately, my busy schedule has only stopped me blogging, not cooking so my folder of photos for the blog is getting bigger and bigger. I'm trying to catch up, but when you are blogging in October about something you cooked in July and can't find the notes you wrote when you cooked it it makes the blog post a little uninteresting.

So, this will be the last post continuing the chronological order, and I'll space out the remaining July, August and September post between the posts about current cooking adventures. This way, I can waffle on in my posts about how I came across the recipe and what I was thinking when I was making it before I forget these things.

This recipe is one of those I can't remember where I came across it. I can't find it in any of my bookmarks. I do remember that the desire to cook this came about the night before or the same day as D bought his Man vs Wild DVD, because I remember watching Bear Grylls while I made this. There were crocodiles/alligators on TV while I bashed out my chicken breasts. The things we remember.

Anyway, this was very easy. I bought my favourite mascarpone and good quality pancetta from the Italian deli to try and make it special. All you need to do is flatten the chicken breasts, line the insides with pancetta and then add two tablespoons of mascarpone. Roll them up and secure them with toothpicks. I added some crushed garlic, sage leaves, pepper and olive oil.

I baked them in a 200 degree oven for just under half an hour.

They were extremely tasty. Hardly good for you, but hey, we don't do this very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment