Sunday 25 July 2010

Ginger Fried Rice


It was the leading picture in Deb's post on Ginger Fried Rice that sold the recipe for me. Gorgeous grains of rice lightly coated with a glisten of oil and soft ribbons of leek covered with oozing egg yolk blanket by the fried egg and finished with crispy pieces of fried ginger and garlic. I had to make it, even though D doesn't like leeks.

I promised him he wouldn't even know and told him to think of them as a very mildly flavoured onion. He said that if he was supposed to think of them as onions then why couldn't I use onions. I asked him to just try it.

He did try it and liked it so much that we had it for dinner the following night too. The flavours all work together so well. It's such a comforting dish, easy to eat and so tasty. It works with or without the egg and with or without the fried ginger/onions and it reheats really really well. It's amazing.

Thanks so much Deb, I love this dish!

Visit this post Ginger Fried Rice at Smitten Kitchen for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't hesitate to try this. The picture alone makes me want to cook it right now!

    ReplyDelete