Tuesday 28 September 2010

Caramelised Onion, Goats Cheese and Puff Pastry Bites



These little bites may not look all that appetizing in the picture, but my photography skills don't do them justice. They were a recipe (or assembly instructions) from an old Donna Hay Magazine.

All we needed to do was cut some bought puff pastry into little squares, top with some caramelised onion and some goat cheese and put them in the oven. Where I went wrong was that I mistakenly bought gluten free puff pastry and the gluten free puff pastry didn't react quite the same way as a pastry containing gluten. The bites were still very tasty, they just didn't photograph very well.

I made these with the intention of taking something savoury to work instead of my usual sweet fare, but they came out of the oven at dinnertime and I hadn't planned anything for dinner so they were sacrificed to a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment