Saturday 20 April 2013

Burger Urge - Fortitude Valley


Hi everyone, I am Dave the Mega-Parm, Adrasteia's better half and a fellow blogger. I haven't been blogging for long, nor am I very good at it but I'm having a lot of fun. A couple of weeks ago Adrasteia was lucky enough to be asked by the lovely folks at Burger Urge if she wanted some gift vouchers to check out one of their stores. When I heard we could go for burgers I jumped at the chance, but the catch was that I had to blog about it.

So here it is.

Burger Urge is a small burger chain in Brisbane with five stores around the main city area. The store we visited is on Brunswick St in Fortitude Valley. We got there about 12:30pm on a beautiful Autumn Saturday, ordered our food inside and sat outside.

After about 15-20 minutes the food came out. I ordered the Red Hot Chilli Pepper, Adrasteia ordered the Cluckin' Awesome and Mother of Adrasteia went with the Primal Urge.


Red Hot Chilli Pepper

The Red Hot Chilli Pepper was awesome. The sauce was hot but not too hot. Enough to get the nose running but not enough to make the meal inedible. The salads that came with the burger were crisp and tasty and the bun was perfectly serviceable  I think what stood out to me the most was the beef pattie though. It was moist and succulent and a good size too. Reached the edges of the bun.

At the end the burger was a little messy but definitely not enough to detract from the meal.

I had my Red Hot Chilli Pepper with their regular chips but the others had sweet potato chips. The regular chips were pretty boring (compared to the burger) but the sweet potato chips were great. I'd definitely recommend going sweet potato with some garlic mayo.

I was also lucky enough to have a small taste of the Cluckin' Awesome and the Primal Urge. They were both pretty nice however the Cluckin' Awesome was a little bit pedestrian in its flavour, and the Primal Urge was very sweet (and very messy). I am happy with my choice.


Cluckin' Awesome.


Primal Urge.


Half a Primal Urge (being enjoyed).

Lastly, something very strange and cool I noticed. If you sit outside and look up, you'll see all these painted bicycles. Pretty random!


Thank you Burger Urge for the delicious meal. We all enjoyed our lunch and left very full. See you next time

-Dave the Mega-Parm

Note from Adrasteia: Burger Urge also offers wide range of vegetarian and gluten free options.  My Cluckin' Awesome was served on a pretty tasty gluten free bun.  Just beware, we have been indirectly informed that while their potato chips are gluten free, the kumara fries are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment