Saturday 24 August 2013

Paleo chicken pot pie

I've been cold this winter.  I don't know why I've been feeling it more this year than any other year, but I have been.

I wanted to make something comforting, creamy and wintery for a Sunday meal and I came across this recipe for paleo chicken pot pies from Swiss Paleo.  I love creamy chicken pie things.  Creamy fishy pie things are good too.


There are three parts to the recipe.  The almond flour pastry crust, the creamy sauce and the chicken and vegetable filling.  It took me a little while to get everything together but no stage was particularly hard, so even the cooking was comforting.

The end result was fantastic.  Creamy and rich, perfect winter food.

The pies reheated really well too, I took one to work the next day and served it over a pile of kale.  It was so good I had it for dinner that night too.  D tasted some and then he had one for dinner.  He even ate kale with it.  I was impressed, but it was a good pie

.

No comments:

Post a Comment