Sunday 20 October 2013

Primal Pantry

I mentioned in my last post that I've been eating mostly paleo since the end of my pseudo-detox.  Luckily for me, there is such a thing as a paleo cafe in Brisbane now.

Actually, Primal Pantry opened in early June and I believe they were Brisbane's first paleo cafe.  In their own words, Primal Pantry offers 100% grass-fed, gluten-free, and organic meal options, made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients.  In my words, they offer a place where I can go to eat with no stress and I was delighted when they opened.


Owner Mark Rockley is a friend to Brisbane paleo enthusiasts as he is also a snacking enabler through his range of Paleo Hero snack foods.  Chef Tracy Hirst is a genius when it comes to primal foods and thanks to her, there are always too many options to chose from.


Ever since they opened, there has never been a quiet moment at Primal Pantry.  Every time we visit they are always busy.  We tend to compensate for that by getting there for our weekly breakfasts (every weekend since they opened, thank you very much) on the dot of opening time.  This means that we don't get there for lunch as often as we'd like but we are pretty well-versed with their breakfast menu!


Our favourites are the bangers and mash, the cacao granola, the baked eggs and my most recent favourite, the smoked salmon with zucchini frittata and poached eggs but with bacon instead of smoked salmon.

Primal Pantry also make their own almond milk and it makes the most wonderful creamy warm drinks.  Cafes that serve almond milk make me do a happy dance.


All the staff at Primal Pantry are so friendly and helpful, it's a joy to visit them each week.

I know that there are some mixed reviews on UrbanSpoon.  I'm not sure if there's an expectation issue there because we love the concept and the execution and it's not just because I can eat almost anything on the menu.

Primal Pantry
Teneriffe Village
Cnr Florence & Macquarie Street,
Teneriffe
Ph: 07 3252 5960
http://primalpantry.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment