Friday 20 July 2007

A migraine won't stand in the way of a day of cooking

My orange juice migraine isn't a really bad migraine, but still lying-down worthy. I tried to lie down, I really did, but the lure of the kitchen was too strong. After reading Sarah's blog over at Sarah Cooks and her latest batch of madeleines, I really wanted to try them myself. I didn't have a madeleine tray so I just used a small rounded patty tin. It wasn't a problem though, they were divine. Oh, yum! I used the recipe Sarah posted from The Roux Brothers on Patisserie.

see the poor little squashed one?


After this I moved on to my organic chicken breast. I chose to make a chicken Saltimbocca from Nick Nairn's Top 100 Chicken Recipes. Nice and easy, just cut the chicken into escalopes and then pound them flat. Season with salt and pepper then fasten a half slice of prosciutto and a sage leaf on the escalope with a toothpick. Dust the escalope in flour and then fry. Serve with lemon wedges and a crispy salad.

mmm... ready to fry escalopes

I served my salad with a "Classic Italian Dressing" from Ursula Ferrigno's Easy Italian. It's just the zest and juice of one lemon, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, fresh Parmesan cheese and sea salt and pepper mixed together. I love it!

I served it with a nice tall glass of Coke and an episode of Hell's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment