Wednesday 1 August 2007

Amazon delivery

I mentioned a little while ago finding Bill Granger's Bill's Food at Amazon.com for US$6.99, I bought that and a few other cookbooks in an extremely fun spending spree (DD, I promise it wasn't really a spree, they were cheap, I swear!). I picked them up from the post office on Monday, and the excitement still hasn't passed. I would be carrying them around every with me if they weren't so heavy. I'm making do with keeping one or two of them with me all the time for emergency cookbook reading.
I haven't really read any of them yet except for The Girl Can't Cook by Cinda Chavich. I'm only halfway through it, but I'm having trouble putting it down. I've been putting little post-it notes on the recipes I want to try, and there's almost as many notes as pages. Plus, she has the useful hints/tips/comments throughout the book which are really good. I am singing this book's praises to anyone who'll listen. It's well worth a look, really varied recipes, simple enough to not be intimidating but with enough pizazz to be useful to established/experienced home cook. I love it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment