Saturday 10 November 2007

Chocolate cake


A few weeks ago I was pestering my mother for a particular chocolate cake recipe which she'd lost. She made up for it though by giving me three or four other chocolate cake recipes to try. (I still want that recipe, Mum!!)

The one I ended up making was a boiled chocolate cake, where the mix is boiled first before adding the eggs and flour, which makes for a really moist cake.

Boiled Chocolate Cake

1 ½ cup sugar
4 oz butter
1 cup water
2 tbs cocoa
½ tsp carb soda

Put in a stock pot on the stove and bring to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil, then turn right down and then simmer for 5 minutes. Take it off the heat and let it cool slightly.

Once cooled, add 2 beaten eggs and 1 ½ cups self raising flour. Mix well and pour it into a large greased roasting pan which has been lined with foil.

Bake for 40 min on 375 degrees F.


I can't remember where Mum said this recipe came from, but it was very good regardless. The odd wavy look on the side of the cake came from me being lazy and not trimming the baking paper down to fit the tin. I like it, I think it gives a nice interesting look to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment