Saturday 10 November 2007

Good Food and Wine Show 2007

The Good Food and Wine Show came to Brisbane this weekend, and DD came with me to check it out. I've read on other blogs that it hasn't been as good this year as previous years, but since this is DD's and my first we weren't sure what to expect.

It was very cool though. We only went to one show at the Celebrity Theatre. We saw Tobie Puttock make a Pot roasted veal, tuna, caper and anchovy sauce, a salad of fresh picked crab, white asparagus and baby fennel and fried pastry crostoli. He puts on a good show, and I look forward to hopefully having Foxtel by the time his new show premieres next year.

We didn't go to any of the other demonstrations, just because DD had to be home by 1:30 to raid with his guild in World of Warcraft. Plus, there was nothing really that jumped out at me. The celebrity theatre was different, there were a few that I would have liked to see, and I'm tossing up whether I should go back again tomorrow and just see the celebrity shows.

We are not big wine drinkers, so we didn't really go in for any of the wine stalls, but there was heaps of them! We did get to try some Frangelico and a margarita slushie though.

We tried lots of lovely food things too, everything from chocolates to quark cheese and enjoyed ourselves immensely.


We did get some stuff though - mostly show bags. I got a delicious. showbag (and a subscription) and a Super Food Ideas showbag, not really because of what was in them, but because I like showbags :-) . We also got a gorgeous bottle of caramlised balsamic vinegar - it was like heaven in a bottle. And, of course, we got some cookies, licorice and puffed rice snacks in butter chicken and Thai flavour.


I also got this lovely knife and mezzaluna set from the Furi stand. I'm very excited.


It was very cool, we had a great time. Can't wait for next year! (Or tomorrow, I haven't made up my mind yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment