Monday 28 January 2008

Short black cupcakes


AND what is quite possibly my best food picture ever - if only there was a touch more light, but still, the best so far!!!

I had a pretty crappy day today, for no particular reason. I just wasn't doing what I wanted to be doing and I didn't know what it was that I wanted to do. I tried to perk myself up by going shopping and when that didn't work, I tried making cupcakes.

The recipe for these short black cupcakes comes from JenJen's blog Milk and Cookies and you can find the recipe here. They are a lovely mix of coffee and chocolate flavours with a meringue frosting which is also coffee flavoured.

I found the instant coffee that I used to be a bit too bitter for this cake though - not unusual, as I find it bitter to drink too. Next time I will be more careful in my coffee selection. It was lovely and easy to make, except that my stupid stand mixer can't mix 3 egg whites so I had to do it by hand, but that's hardly a fault of the recipe.

However, the mixmaster did a masterful job of creaming the butter and sugar and egg, so I do have to give it some credit.

And credit to to my (well, DD's) four year old Canon Powershot with no optical zoom to speak of for helping me get a nice picture in spite of my shaking hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment