Tuesday 19 February 2008

Pasta Bake


I am a little bit tender today after my appointment with the physiotherapist yesterday. Since it was to do with my back, I wasn't any good at work today and had to come home. On the way I stopped at the chemist for some painkillers and then I had a very strange craving for tuna pasta bake. I picked up some pasta and some lovely tins of tuna in olive oil and was on my way out when the lady who was stacking some shelves nearby reminded me to get some sauce. I told her "oh no, I will make it myself", but then a jar of Leggo's Garlic and Spinach Tuna Bake caught my eye. I waited until she turned a corner, then grabbed the jar and hurried (hobbled quickly) off.

So, in the style of Sandra Lee, my pasta bake recipe:

Cook 200g of pasta and drain, then put into a 1.5L casserole dish. Add the tuna, some grated mozzarella and the jar of sauce and mix. Top with more cheese (cheddar this time, I was saving the rest of my mozzarella) and bake for 15m in a preheated 190 degree oven (I used 175 degrees fan forced)

I had to try and stop myself from eating too much of the pasta and tuna when it was just those two ingredients in the dish - they were lovely just on their own!!!!

I was very impressed with my little jar experiment, but there was a time when I was addicted to McCains tuna pasta bake frozen meals so I am probably not the best authority on the subject :-)

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, will definately give it a go, maybe with my own sauce tho :)

    ReplyDelete