Sunday 28 September 2008

Bento Box


When I was making my eggcup sushi, I was reminded of a place I used to visit years ago which sold teriyaki chicken bento boxes. I loved their bento boxes and had them far too often. Thinking about the bentos made me want to make some Japanese potato salad.

I found the perfect recipe on Maki's great blog, Just Hungry. Then, I explored further and found Maki's other blog, Just Bento. Just Bento and Just Hungry are the perfect resource when you are dreaming about bentos. In fact, reading Just Bento inspired me to try to make my own bento. I tried to copy the bento I remembered, but it wasn't quite the same. It doesn't matter though, my bento was awesome! Thanks Maki!

I don't think I've been so satisfied after lunch for a long time. It was great, I didn't have to go looking for a snack mid-afternoon.

My bento consisted of: teriyaki chicken, Japanese potato salad, rice and baby spinach. Head on over to Just Bento and Just Hungry to see the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment