Tuesday 4 November 2008

Banana Cupcakes


I felt like baking the other day, but it wasn't a specific thing that I wanted to bake. I fluffed around looking for stuff I could make with what I had on hand and I spied three nearly-black bananas languishing in the fruit bowl. I decided to try these banana cupcakes from the Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cookbook.

They were really easy to make, but my goodness they had a lot of sugar. They taste quite nice but the outside is very sticky, I think its from the massive amount of sugar caramelising. It's interesting that the huge amount of sugar still didn't make the cupcakes overly sweet, they had a very nice subdued sweetness and it really let the banana taste come through. I just don't like it that I have to wash my hands every time I touch one. I don't think that they are anything special, I think I'll stick to more of a banana bread recipe if I'm going to do something with bananas in the future.

Recipe to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment