Thursday 6 November 2008

Nigella's Pasta with Peas (supposedly), Ham and Cream


Sarah from Sarah Cooks posted about three Nigella pasta recipes and this one in particular caught my eye. DD cooked dinner for us earlier in the week and happily up-ended a 600g packet of pasta into the boiling water not realising that that much pasta would feed the two us many times over. So, we ended up with a huge bowl of leftover pasta in the fridge and we resolved to actually eat it rather than having it go to where our leftovers normally go.

DD had his pasta with a sauce made from some pesto and a little bit of white wine vinegar, but I decided to give this one a try. We don't have any peas, so this is a pea-less version.

Its sinfully yummy, as pasta coated in cream would be. I loved it but I know that I'm going to have to make this one a "sometimes food" as Cookie Monster would say. But, it gives me the same creamy satisfaction as carbonara does and it's much less risky than carbonara!

Nigella does give measurements for her recipe, but I just did things by eye as I only had some leftover ham and a small amount of cream.

Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream
adapted from Feast by Nigella Lawson

leftover pasta
ham, diced (I used sliced sandwich ham)
cream
parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Reheat the leftover pasta by running it under hot water.

Heat a frypan over a medium heat, add the ham. Cook the ham slightly so that it starts to brown and crisp. Add some cream (until it looks like it will coat your pasta, you don't need as much as you would think though) and about 3 tbs of grated parmesan. Stir gently to heat through then pour over pasta and toss.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment