Saturday 3 January 2009

Brown Butter Brown Sugar Shorties


I love Deb from Smitten Kitchen's taste in cookies. I think that if I were slightly more skilled in the culinary arts, I would try each and every one of her recipes.

These brown butter brown sugar shorties looked pretty easy and I'm intrigued by brown butter. Everything that has brown butter in it looks very tasty but I've never been able to make it work when I try. I thought I would give it another go with these cookies.

I don't think that I browned the butter enough though, as there was no trace of the taste in the finished cookie. So, I'm not sure what I did wrong. The cookies turned out quite boring actually, very plain and simple. It may have been that I made them at the same time as I made a batch of World Peace Cookies and no cookie can compete with those for my top cookie.

See Smitten Kitchen here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment