Friday 23 January 2009

Christmas Lunch


DD and I were on our own for Christmas this year, but we tried to do a very miniature version of a Christmas banquet and I think we did pretty well. We had a variety of meats: a small rolled turkey roast from the freezer section of the supermarket, a small roll of smoked ham, a quarter of a chicken and my prawns and then some sides: my nanna's cucumber salad, a green salad with buttermilk dressing from Smitten Kitchen; Yorkshire puddings from Recipezaar; roast onions and Nigella's roast potatoes.

Unfortunately I did have a small failure with Nigella's potatoes and I let them boil for too long, meaning they fell apart when I bruised them. They tasted fantastic after they came out of the oven, but they were more like a really thick hash brown consistency. We both really liked them, but I promised DD I would make the potatoes properly another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment