Sunday 25 January 2009

Gordon Ramsay's Pasta with Crab


In my pre-Christmas seafood buying I also picked up a packet of fresh-frozen crab meat from the fishmonger. My mother was buying whole crabs for Christmas and I wanted some too, but not enough to go through shelling and stuff, so crab meat! Then I didn't eat it until after Christmas. When I realised that it had defrosted and I had to use it soon I went on a recipe search looking for something yummy to make with my crab. I came across this Gordon Ramsay recipe as posted on Food TV Blog. It was a recipe on his television show The F-Word.

It was really easy and looks fantastic. It tasted pretty good too. DD doesn't eat seafood and I was making him a simple tomato sauce to have with his pasta, but he watched me getting everything ready and asked for a crab-less version of this instead. We both loved it, the flavours just work so well together. DD even asked for this (the crab-less version) as his birthday dinner because it was his favourite pasta.

I used a mild fat chilli because that was all I had, but I added some chilli flakes to increase the chilli flavour. I also used minced garlic because I didn't have any fresh. I don't think the dish suffered because of these at all.

Gordon Ramsay's Pasta with Crab
from The F-Word Season 1 Episode 6 as posted on Food TV Blog

100ml olive oil
1 medium-hot red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
3 pared strips of lemon zest, finely chopped
225g freshly cooked white crab meat
2 tbs chopped fresh flatleaf parsley

Put the olive oil, chilli, garlic and lemon zest into a small pan and put over a gentle heat until it begins to sizzle. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook for 8-9 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well and set aside.

Tip the chilli and lemon mixture into the pan the pasta was in, then add the lemon juice and season. Heat until sizzling, then add the linguine and crab meat to the pan and toss gently over a medium heat to warm the crab through.

Add the parsley, season, and serve immediately with lemon wedges.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks :) I've been looking for a recipe for this dish since I saw the video a while back from GR. I'll be trying it this week, thanks for the substitution suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS RECIPE IS BEAUTIFUL.....I LOVE IT XX

    ReplyDelete