Thursday 30 April 2009

Quinoa


I came across this delicious recipe while browsing Jen's blog Milk and Cookies for a healthy quinoa dish. DD and I have been trying to eat healthier and quinoa is a fantastic substitute for our normal carb component.

We used some gourmet chicken sausages from Woolworths, though I was green with envy at Jen being able to use the fantastic Eumundi Sausages which I can't get in Brisbane.

Everything turned out really well and DD really liked it. I liked the flavour and the idea of the dish but came to the conclusion that I just don't really like quinoa. There's something about the texture that just puts me off and I can't convince myself that the health benefits are worth a slightly less palatable texture.

If you do like quinoa, definately give Jen's recipe a try, because it is really nice in its flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment