Saturday 23 May 2009

Nigella's Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge


I was playing my Nigella Express DVD in the background one lazy Sunday and she happened to make a lazy sundae (not really lazy, I just couldn't resist the joke). The combination of chocolate and peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk which you then put over icecream sent my imagination into overdrive and I just had to try it.

In Nigella Express, Nigella uses sweetened condensed milk instead of the cream and golden syrup listed on the Food Network site, so that's what I did too.

Very easy, put everything in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until everything amalgamates and becomes nice and smooth.

It is amazing. Absolutely fantastic. It's the best chocolate fudge I have ever tasted. It is dangerously good, because I have made it twice since then and each time I've eaten it all. D knows that when I start pulling out the condensed milk, chocolate and peanut butter that bad things can happen...

But it's just too good!!!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Nigella Lawson from Nigella Express

3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
113g of milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

Combine all ingredients in a small pan over a medium heat. Allow ingredients to melt, stirring occasionally.

As everything starts to come together, watch that your fudge doesn't start getting too thick as it will further thicken on cooling. If it does get a little too thick for your liking, stir in some water.


No comments:

Post a Comment