Thursday 29 October 2009

Ginger glazed carrots


I have been reading Cathy's blog Not Eating Out in New York recently. I am completely jealous of the plethora of food events in her area, but I also am completely in love with so many of her recipes.

One recipe in particular that called to me were her Ginger-Glazed Carrot and Pea Shoot Salad. It looked so fresh and the bright orange carrots looked so vibrant against the green of the pea shoots that it made my mouth water. I didn't have any pea shoots, or any salad greens for that matter, but I did have carrots. I marinated them and grilled them on a makeshift grill in my oven and then snacked on them. Fantastic. These carrots are definately going to be making an appearance in my lunch salads when I finally go back to work.

Update: D has just tried some of these and he has decided that they are "yum". Very high praise indeed, as he is normally not a fan of roasted/grilled carrot. He's asked me to make them again but trying to use sweet potato instead. I'll give it a try and we'll see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment