Thursday 24 December 2009

Colourful Bento


I'm very proud of this lunch. I think it has a nice array of colours and textures and flavours, and also a nice nutritional balance too. I think this is one of my first bentos that actually looks like a bento!

In case you're wondering, the bottom tier contains some soba noodles tossed with sesame oil, some baby spinach leaves, half a sausage, some bean sprouts and shredded carrot with a little bottle of thick soy sauce. The top contains some nashi pear, a wedge of less-than-bloodlike blood orange, some sugar snap peas, two strawberries and a cake ball.

I probably could have balanced the top out a bit more, but I love nashi pears and couldn't resist putting a whole half in.

I loved that this tiny little box was full of goodness. It kept me going all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment