Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and your families, I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Here's a snippet of our Christmas festivities. Our absolutely amazing lunch was courtesy of the awesome A and D, except I forgot to take pictures after the entrees. Take our word for it, our main course starring turkey, ham and ambrosia salad, was delicious. We finished our meal off with some jelly slice and staggered home ready for a good nap. Thank you so much A and D!

Oysters Kilpatrick. This was the first time I have ever tried oysters, and I have decided I'm definately a fan. They are yum!

I had planned on a Matt Preston Christmas menu when it was just going to be D and I, but this was put on hold when we were invited out. Our ham and turkey will be cooked tomorrow along with some assorted salads, but I had to start the Christmas "cooking" early with this Summer Punch, the recipe can be found here.


Also thank you to my wonderful friends and family for their foodie-related gifts. I love them all.


After lots of food, friends, fun and presents (and a quick vacuum of the house - sometimes I just can't ignore that urge, even on Christmas!) we are happy, full and sleepy. A great end to a perfect Christmas.

PS: To everyone who found my blog looking for the recipe to Nigella's Roast Potatoes, I hope they were wonderful addition to your Christmas table!

No comments:

Post a Comment