Thursday 15 April 2010

Meatballs in a Peanut Chilli Sauce


Only a small photo today because these meatballs only lasted long enough to take one picture, and that picture turned out quite blurry.

I was reading A Year of Slow Cooking and saw Stephanie's lovely looking slow-cooked meatballs in a peanut chilli sauce after work one day. I didn't want to drag out the slow cooker and aside from that it was quite late so slow cooking probably wasn't the most practical idea but I really wanted to try these meatballs. I thought that the recipe would be quite simple to adapt to a cooktop using frozen meatballs from Ikea which only take 3 minutes in the microwave.

I didn't do anything fancy, just put some still-frozen meatballs in a saucepan with a small tin of coconut cream, added a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some chilli paste. I stirred it until everything melted together and then tasted for seasoning. It was missing some depth, so we added some satay sauce and that gave it a lovely flavour.

We served the meatballs over rice and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment