Sunday 9 May 2010

Spice Bread


Last weekend I wasn't feeling the greatest, thanks to a friendly cold that decided to pay me a visit. I slept for most of Saturday and made my zucchini slice on Sunday. This is pretty unusual for me, I try to make at least three recipes each weekend. It was getting later and later on Sunday and work was getting closer and closer and I'd only made my zucchini slice.

I was browsing through foodgawker and found a post on Happy Love Strawberry where Indigo talks about a fantastic spice bread with a hilarious anecdote that just called to me. It got me up off the couch and into the kitchen.

It was so so easy. The hardest part was getting the 250g honey out of its squeezy tube. I put the mixing bowl on the scales and just threw things in. You may have thought that I would have learned about aimlessly throwing things into my mixing bowls after the chilli powder incident which only happened hours before, but it appears I'm not quite that smart.

The smell while it was baking was incredible. It was so hard to wait for it to come out of the oven, particularly because my oven was being temperamental and it took an hour and a half to bake. It tastes great warm from the oven, at room temperature or toasted lightly in the toaster. For the ultimate indulgence, I use a tiny bit of Gympie Farm salted butter. Amazing.

I want more recipes like this. I wonder what would happen if I googled 'lazy recipes'?

See the post Greedy Spice (or: So Tell Me What You Want, What You Really Really Want) on Happy Love Strawberry for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment