Friday 17 December 2010

Friday Lunch Quick Notes: Purple Olive New Farm

Prosciutto Di Parma: Tomato, mozzarella, rocket, prosciutto & shaved parmesan $19.90 (or $9.95 with the lunchtime discount)

I'm very lucky because my new job is very close to a number of really really good places to eat. My colleagues and I try to get out of the office each Friday lunchtime and try some of them.

While I do have my food blogger failures I've actually been quite good at capturing some of our Friday lunches and I thought I'd share them with you. The photos are just of what I ordered and I won't go into any kind of detail, just give you an idea of whether I liked it or not so these posts will be Friday Lunch Quick Notes!

This was my first visit to the Purple Olive. They had a lunchtime special on at the time (not sure if it's still going on) and all pizzas were half price. My pizza was incredible, I've been dreaming about it ever since. The crust was really tasty and just on the right side of crispy and the sugo and proscuitto was awesome. Everything tasted fresh and wonderful.

Sadly, I had to leave some behind because I couldn't eat anymore. That last quarter of my pizza has been tormenting me ever since. I have to go back. Does anyone know if they do take away?

The Purple Olive Restaurant
79 James St
New Farm
Ph: (07) 3254 0097

No comments:

Post a Comment