Monday 21 February 2011

I'm organised, prepared and ready for the working week.

Yeah, right!  But I do have my lunches sorted.


I've tried the whole "being prepped for lunches" thing before, but I've never really stuck to it.  Much like I haven't stuck to meal planning or anything that organised.  So, I'm not committing to a long term relationship with Sunday lunch prep but I am glad my fridge is stocked for this week.


Four salads made with baby spinach, lettuce, red onion, carrot, capsicum, cucumber, broccoli sprouts, avocado, sunflower seeds, coriander and mint.  I'm mixing it up with four different dressings.  I might add some leftover teriyaki chicken to add some more protein.


Homemade sushi.  One roll made with brown rice, sushi vinegar, kewpie mayonnaise, teriyaki chicken, avocado, carrot, capsicum, cucumber, coriander and baby spinach and two raw rolls made with parsnip rice, rice vinegar, lemon juice and agave and vegetables.  I'll write a post for the raw sushi soon.

The other containers include a slice of chocolate cake, a blondie and a low-GI brownie from Emma's Cakes at the Northey Street Organic Markets. I cut them up into small bite-sized pieces and take a little bit to work each day to satisfy my sweet tooth.  My logic is that by only taking small pieces it means I only eat one piece of cake over the week.

Finally, there are some white chocolate and macadamia cookies that D and I made together so he can take some in to work for morning tea.  Nothing healthy or good about those, unfortunately, unless you count the organic macadamias or the fact that they taste awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment