Monday 7 February 2011

Muesli Bread



I have told you all about my breakfast issues.  I'm still on a quest for an easy, fast, tasty, healthy, filling breakfast that isn't texturally offensive and preferably one that's nice and portable.  I have found quite a few, but I'm always on the lookout for more.  This Muesli Bread from Hungry Kittens ticked more than a few boxes.

I really love muffins and breads that can be made without a mixer.  I love my Kenwood, but hey, sometimes I'm lazy.

My favourite muesli at the moment is Brookfarm's Toasted Macadamia Muesli.  Since I'm averse to cereal, I normally just eat it straight out of the packet.  Since it tastes so good on its own, I figured it would be wonderful in a bread and it was.

This froze wonderfully.  I froze the slices individually and put them in the microwave for 20 seconds to thaw them slightly and then I put them in the toaster with the "frozen bread" setting on.  I found the two stage defrost was necessary to avoid the cold frozen bread inside.  Maybe I sliced my bread too thickly.

My only problem was that my muesli topping was quite crumbly and it fell off everywhere!  We had an interesting moment in the car when I was eating my breakfast (I was the passenger, don't worry!) and we went around a corner a bit quicker than I had expected and I jolted my bread.  All the muesli topping fell off and down the side of the car seat!!!  It was a nightmare to vaccuum.

I do think that this is what those on Twitter would call a #firstworldproblem.

See Cora's post Apricot and Almond Muesli Bread on Hungry Kittens for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment