Wednesday 9 February 2011

More from Guzman y Gomez

We love Guzman y Gomez. It's reasonably priced, fast, fresh and tasty food in a relaxed and casual atmosphere.  Best of all, it's right where I meet D before we go home from work and it's so tempting to stop for an easy, no fuss dinner.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful.  They are very cheery and both they and the Mexican music make the meal all the more fun.   They do takeway as well.  Very convenient.

Needless to say, we've been there a lot.  Here's a snapshot of some of our meals.  For the quesadillas, I tend to choose the Spicy Chicken Guerrero and D tends towards the Spicy Steak Chipotle.

Lots of quesadillas. The quesadillas are a favourite.
We do try other things too:

GYG grilled chicken salad.

I really enjoyed the chicken salad.  Although the dressing is slightly heavier than I normally like, I love the flavours and the chicken.  D wasn't too much of a fan of the cold chicken, but I love it.  It's a really light option.

GYG Beef Bowl

This is a rich and tasty beef guerrero stew.  It's awesome with the GYG corn chips.

Beef Nachos
 

We tried the Beef Guerrero nachos.  It's a huge bowl and it more than fed two of us.  They were very tasty, but I probably wouldn't order them again.  I love the other things too much!

 
Classic Frozen Margarita

I've read reviews of the frozen magaritas and some of them have commented that they were very weak and had no alcoholic kick whatsoever.  This one was so strong that when you took a sip you had an overwhelming tequila scent.  I couldn't drink it, because I'm a cadbury and something that strong would knock me for six.  As it was, I was a bit tipsy!!!

We really enjoy GYG, and we'll happily visit there again and again.

Guzman y Gomez
Emporium
1000 Ann Street
Fortitude Valley
Ph: 07 3188 1701
http://www.guzmanygomez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment