Wednesday 16 February 2011

Pan-Seared Radish and Avocado Salad



I had lots and lots of radishes to use up and I was looking for a salad that included avocado.  I was lucky enough to find this recipe for Pan-seared Radish and Avocado Salad on Food Republik.  I've been burned a couple of times with radish salads because as it turns out, our radishes either aren't young enough or sweet enough to be eaten raw unless they are sliced very thinly.  I'd love to try some sweet radishes.

I've never tried cooking radishes before so I was intriged to see how they would turn out with the cooking bringing out their natural sugars.

Well.  Yum yum yum yum yum. Cooking the radish really did develop all of the radish's sweetness. The dressing is so simple, you just squeeze some lemon over the hot radishes while they are in the pan and then drizzle over your salad greens and avocado, where everything wilts together to a creamy sweet delicious meal.

The sweetness of the radish, the tartness of the lemon and the creaminess of the avocado worked so well together. It was amazing.  I have to make it again, soon!

See this post on Food Republik for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment