Monday 3 September 2007

A little experiment

I've been wanting to try Israeli couscous for a while but have never gotten around to it or found a recipe that really inspired me. However, this weekend I have decided to start my diet (again) and went through the pantry and put all the food I shouldn't eat in a box and taped it up and put it on top of the cupboard. To avoid temptation, you see. And in this culling, I found my packet of Israeli couscous and I was determined to cook it.

I scoured the internet and my collection of food mags (I was sure I saw a nice recipe using it, but I think it was actually a tuna pasta dish) and the recipe I decided to go with was this Israeli Couscous Salad from Recipezaar. It was a nice and simple salad with a lovely red wine vinegar and lemon dressing. It's delicious, I've been taking it to work with a green salad and I love it!


I have been pretty lax with my posting lately, but I haven't really been cooking anything that interesting either.

I have a recipe for herbed semolina breadrolls in one of my Italian cookbooks, I experimented converting the recipe to work in the breadmaker. Turned out pretty good. If I hadn't been making it after work and it would have been too late to do it properly, I would have just done the dough in the breadmaker and baked the rolls in the oven. Next time!


I bought Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food recently, and in my pre-purchase investigation I came across his recipe for Sticky Lemon Chicken. It is so good, I have made it so often since I found it.

And, thanks to timesonline.co.uk, you can watch Gordon cook it!! The Times website isn't working for me, so here it is thanks to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srPSYZGhL98&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment