Wednesday 7 January 2009

Dinosaur Rock Cupcakes


The last time I made these I loved them. They were fantastic. This time something was missing. There wasn't the same depth of flavour as there was last time, I think it might have something to do with my cocoa, as my recent batch of World Peace Cookies didn't have quite the chocolateyness they've had previously.

Maybe it was the choice of frosting. I used a chocolate buttercream as opposed to the Swiss meringue buttercream I used last time. Last time the frosting was very light and I think that worked really well with the cake. Perhaps the lack of chocolate flavour in the cake was because it was overpowered by the frosting. I'm not sure, but they didn't really work for me this time.

They are a fantastic cupcake though, I think this was just a bad batch.

See here for the recipe for the cupcakes and here for the recipe for the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment