Tuesday 10 February 2009

Sweet Potato and Feta Pies


At my last job, the wonderful A brought in some absolutely divine Roast Pumpkin and Feta Pies for one of our food days. Everyone devoured them, and she kindly sent me the link for the recipe.

I've made them once since then, substituting sweet potato for the pumpkin. They didn't quite match up to A's as she didn't take the shortcut of using pre-made tart cases like I did and she cooked them properly, unlike me who took them out of the oven too early. I tried again for New Year's Eve, again taking the shortcut of using pre-made tart cases but I cooked them properly this time.

They were much more successful this time, and they tasted pretty good. A's were still much better. They were very well received and they looked really impressive too.

I enjoyed making these, as they remind me of A. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to catch up since I left my previous job and I miss her :-)

See my previous post for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment