Tuesday 17 March 2009

Heritage Tomatoes


There is a stand selling gorgeous Heritage Tomatoes at the Jan Powers Farmers Market and I look at them every time we visit. I've always wanted to buy some, but I didn't know what to ask for and I'm a little shy about asking people.

We saw them again on a visit to the Chandler Markets. This time my friend came along to give me courage and we investigated these beautiful looking tomatoes.

The lady there said that the Green Zebras were very popular, and she warned us that the tomato is green inside but it is ready to eat. We also got a Black Zebra (which is red) and they also gave us a peach tomato to try.

I really liked the Green Zebra, it was my favourite. Aside from its bright cheery greeness, it also tasted fresh and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment