Thursday 19 March 2009

Sushi from Fresh Fish Co


I love sushi. I could eat it all the time. I often make it at home, but it's never as good as when a proper sushi chef makes it. One of my favourite sushi places is Fresh Fish Co at the James Street Markets.

My favourite choice from their selection is the California Box (above), fresh salmon, avocado and Japanese mayonnaise. I've found that their rice is nicely seasoned, their fish is always fresh and everything is of the highest quality.

DD doesn't like seafood, nori or cold rice so sushi really isn't his thing. Luckily, he's very patient with my requests to go to James Street just so I can buy sushi.

I've recently discovered a sushi restaurant near where I work that has fabulous sushi. Unfortunately, it's far too close for my purse to be comfortable with. I've had to set myself a rule: you cannot get sushi for lunch unless someone else is going too. This seems to be working, but I can't say I'm not tempted to go visiting everyday - there's so much to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment