Wednesday 15 July 2009

Hot Cross Muffins


Well, my laziness means that this post is quite delayed so welcome to Easter in July (not Christmas in July)! Who doesn't love hot cross buns at Easter? For reasons that I can't quite remember we missed out on buying any this year and Easter Sunday just didn't have the same feel to it.

Then I read this (luckily well timed) post on Cook (Almost) Anything At Least Once where Haalo made these fabulous Hot Cross Muffins. Muffins could be made on Easter Sunday.

I don't like dried fruit in buns or muffins, so I replaced it with chocolate chips. My icing sugar mixture wasn't thick enough so the crosses didn't really maintain their form.

They were fabulously tasty though, a very worthwhile replacement for the traditional hot cross bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment