Tuesday 18 August 2009

Greek Chicken with Horiatiki Salad


I have to say I'm not the greatest fan of Iain Hewitson. There are many reasons, some of which I've mentioned before, but I feel he is not what he used to be. Whenever I am home at 3:30 in the afternoon (which is not often), I still watch his show but it's rarely something I want to cook.

Except for this one. I'm really into Greek flavours at the moment and the combination just sounded wonderful. I was a little slow on the uptake but as soon as I twigged I ran to get a notebook, because Huey's recipes are almost impossible to find on the internet.

This salad was amazing. The flavours are awesome and everything is so fresh. I did bulk up the salad with a mesculin mix as my parsley didn't quite cut it. It's a definate keeper. It's finds like these that means that I can't give up on Huey entirely as sometimes he does surprise me.

Greek Chicken with Horiatiki Salad
adapted from Huey's Cooking Adventures

3/4 cup olive oil
30ml lemon juice
30ml red wine vinegar
oregano
garlic
salt and pepper

chicken breasts

tomatoes
red onion
parsley
greek feta

Mix the first six ingredients together. Using some of the dressing, marinate the chicken for perhaps half an hour - not too long because of the lemon juice.

Cook the chicken over a grill, basting with more dressing as you turn it.

Cut up the rest of the salad and toss in a bowl with remaining dressing. Serve with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment