Sunday 16 August 2009

Minced Beef Fried Rice


More May Cooking

I have no idea what inspired me to try this recipe. I remember undertaking a detailed Google search and looking at many many recipes before bookmarking this one posted by hzrt8w on the the eGullet forums.

Whatever made me go off in search of a recipe like this one, it was a very happy time. It seems so simple, spiced minced beef, eggs, rice, spring onions and lettuce. These simple ingredients made the most wonderful tasting fried rice. I really can't explain how yummy this was. And I have to say, cooking with lettuce was quite interesting. It was also not like what I expected fried rice to be. The soy flavour was lovely and subtle and everything was heightened by the shaohsing wine and sesame oil.

See the post linked above for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment