Saturday 22 August 2009

Italian Chicken Casserole


Hi, my name is Tessie. This is my house, this is my family. We're all real. And I really cooked this Italian Chicken Casserole... (or something like that)

Chances are, if you watched MasterChef Australia, you saw this ad more times than you care to think about. You may even have wondered why exactly Tessie was biting into a "real apple" just before serving dinner (yeah, I really didn't get that). Anyway, Tessie was making a real Italian Chicken Casserole using Campbells Real Stock. Campbells ever so kindly put the recipe on the MasterChef website and it actually looked pretty good. D gave it a thumbs up, so I set to giving it a try myself, except we used the slow cooker.

I love slow cooking. In this recipe, I threw all of the ingredients (minus the zucchini) into the slow cooker and turned it on low for just under four hours. We served it over rice and it was pretty good. We'll definately have it again.

Italian Chicken Casserole
adapted from Campbells Real Stock recipe

cooking spray
500g chicken tenderloans
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
¼ cup plain flour
500ml pack Campbell’s Real Stock - Chicken
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp dried Italian herbs

(Although I did halve the amount of meat in the recipe, I didn't have the other ingredients. There was a lot of sauce left over)

Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add other ingredients. Cook on low for 4 hours, starting to check at 3 1/2 hours.

Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment