Wednesday 4 November 2009

Tastes of Morocco


Some August cooking

I was talking to my mother one day and we were talking about couscous. Generally I don't plan on making couscous and just have a box in the pantry ready to whip out when I think it would be a nice addition to something. I'm too lazy to look in the separate section of the supermarket where they put the flavoured stuff. However, Mum mentioned that she had tried some of Ainsley Harriott's flavoured couscous and really enjoyed it so I thought I would give it a try.

I decided to go all out in the premade flavourings and bought a tube of Gourmet Garden's Moroccan mix. I coated some cubed chicken with the spice paste and cooked it gently with a tiny bit of chicken stock so that the paste didn't burn and it gave some sauciness to a fairly dry dish.

The couscous was a definate winner. It was delicately flavoured and worked really well with the chicken. I liked the spice paste too, it was something different from what we usually have with chicken. D didn't end up eating dinner at home the night I made this, but he did have a taste and requested that I make it again so that he could have some. I think that is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment