Sunday 28 March 2010

Chorizo Quesadillas


I love watching Ainsley Harriott's shows. His enthusiasm is just so infectious, and I love how much he loves his food. I don't always identify with what he's cooking, but I nonetheless enjoy watching him cook it.

Ainsley's Barbecue Bible has been showing on Channel 72 during January and in one episode he made some Chorizo Quesadillas. They looked awesome and relatively easy, so I saved the episode to remind me to make them. I googled for a recipe but couldn't find one so I went back to the show to write down what I was supposed to do.

It seemed pretty straight forward, but I do think I added too much potato as the mix was more starchy that I would like. The flavour was great though, very tasty.

Ainsley's Chorizo Quesadillas
adapted from Ainsley's Barbecue Bible

1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 chorizo sausage, finely chopped
smashed potatoes
cheddar cheese
fresh coriander

To serve

sour cream
sweet chilli sauce

Heat a small frypan over medium heat and add some oil. Gently fry the onion until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and chilli and allow to soften.

Add the chorizo to the pan and let it get nice and crispy (you may need to add more oil).

Add some smashed potatoes - I used 2 heaped dessert spoons but this was too much - and mix together. Season with lots of pepper and a little bit of salt.

Add some grated cheddar cheese and mix gently and then finally sprinkle over some fresh coriander.

In another frypan heat a flour tortilla gently (don't let it get too crispy) and then turn it over. Spread a little bit of filling over half the tortilla, then fold in half and in half again.

Serve with sour cream mixed with a little bit of sweet chilli sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm what a delcious looking dish! Definitely the stuff I'm into.

    I also LOVE Ainsley Harriott! I watch him in the Brittish Ready Steady Cook on the Food Channel all of the time. He is more than passionate, something along the lines of obsessed would be more suited :)

    www.brisbanebaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, you are right Brisbane Baker! I remember watching his show at the Good Food and Wine Show two years ago, and his enthusiasm just shone through. He's got the gift of being able to share his obsession with viewers - he's so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete