Monday 13 December 2010

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Muffins


I love peanut butter and chocolate. Obsessively love peanut butter and chocolate. I made these muffins (yes, this is another dredged from the archives post) at the beginning of my obsession when I was just starting to find my way into this flavour combination. At the time, they were the most daring thing I had ever made. The muffin was peanut butter flavoured!!! Just peanut butter. And chocolate chips.

I particularly liked this recipe because they were muffins and were just "put the dry ingredients into one bowl, the wet ingredients into another bowl and then pour the wet over the dry and stir gently" and I could make them sitting down.

They looked perfect when they came out of the oven. They were a little greasy, I am not sure if that was due to the peanut butter I used or if the cupcake wrappers were of poor quality.

There was a strong peanut butter taste as you would expect, but I also found the muffins to be really dense which may have been due to over mixing. I also thought the peanut butter taste on its own to be just a little too "stick to the roof of your mouth"-y. After tasting a couple I made a quick chocolate ganache and iced the remaining muffins. The chocolate addition really lifted the muffin and gave the denseness more of a fudgy brownie feel.

I have these bookmarked to make again to see if it was my overmixing that made them so dense, but I haven't had the opportunity to do so just yet. If you want to give them a try (and I encourage you to do so) visit Nicole's amazing blog Baking Bites.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know but I would think peanut butter and choc chip would be sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete